Tuesday, September 17, 2013


So, first thing we do is head over to Food Lion. They have a policy of putting out reduced meats on Mondays, and there were several things I wanted to check out. Right away, I grabbed a pack of 8 really big chicken thighs, for $4.67. That's a good chunk of my $31.50, but there's at least four suppers, and maybe even five, if I plan this right.

Of course, if I'm to have several meals of chili, I'll need hamburger, so Irene found a 1-lb. package, for $3.58. Hmm.... over $8.00 gone, for two purchases, but they are the foundation of most of my meals for the week.

Onto other things, now. One pound of extra sharp cheddar is on sale for $4.23, so there are lunches and suppers covered.

Tortillas, dried beans, potatoes. Something sweet would be nice during the week, and graham crackers are $2.00.

Vegetables. Crud. Irene, yesterday, said that I needed to include vegetables, for vitamins and minerals. "Hey," I said, "I take vitamins every day. There in the vitamin pills I take." However, I have to throw her a bone on this, and so, since I love succotash, I buy a pack of frozen corn and a pack of frozen lima beans, as my concession to vegetables. A weak gesture, I admit, but, hey, I don't like vegetables!

So I go through Food Lion check out thusly:
Graham Crackers - $1.99
9" tortillas - $1.67
Dried red beans - $1.39
Hamberger, 1 lb. - $3.58
Chicken thighs - $4.67
Potatoes, 5 lb. - $2.00
Frozen corn - $1.39
Frozen lima beans - $1.89
Extra sharp cheddar cheese, 1 lb - $4.23

Total - $22.81
Tax - $.57
Tendered - 23.38

$23. 38???? Hmmmm........

No comments:

Post a Comment