Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Final Stop - Can I Make It?


My final stop, Farm Fresh, where I need to pick up some staple items, and round out my food cache for the week. It doesn't look good, but I have a secret weapon: a $2.00 store coupon, from last week, which means that I am going to be able to get more groceries than my money would allow.

I need milk and eggs, and FF has them for $2.09 and $1.69, respectively.
For the chili, one onion and the Hunt's spaghetti sauce, $.81 and $.88, respectively.
As I mentioned previously, FF has the Dollar-aisle, and when I went there, I scored a box of Raisin Bran cereal for $1.00

I'm pushing it to the limit, I know, but I decide to see if FF has put out any reduced bread on their 'occasional' display, and when I look down that aisle, there is that rack. (Irene had reported to me that the past several times she's gone into Farm Fresh, they didn't have it, so she thought it was discontinued.) I went back there and looked at the artisanal breads, and found one I knew I would love. With the descriptor of "Rustic Bread", it was reduced from $3.99 to $1.99, and so I scooped it up. Yes, the Bible says that man does not live by bread alone, but with bread, cheese and a Bible? You come pretty close.

So here was my purchases from Farm Fresh:
Raisin Bran cereal (off-brand) - $1.00
Hunt's spaghetti sauce - $.88
Onion, 1 ct. - $.81
Rustic bread, reduced - $1.99
Eggs - 1.69
Milk, 1 qt. - $2.09

SubTotal - $8.46
Coupon -  -$2.00
Total 6.46
Tax - $.21
Total - $6.67



Food Lion - 23.38
Flowers - 1.53
Farm Fresh - 6.67
Total - $31.58

No comments:

Post a Comment