Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day One - I Begin, and a Couple of Hiccups

I told about going shopping, in my previous posts, but what I didn't mention is that our shopping trip was after my breakfast, Monday morning.

Yesterday's breakfast was two eggs, two pieces of toast and two small link sausages. I have to explain why I thought I'd be having sausage. Farm Fresh often carries a small package of Banquet frozen sausage links for $1.00, and in my planning, I was thinking of buying one. However, when we got to the store, we found that, this week, their price was not a sale price, but significantly higher. So, I did have a meal that was off the menu. I'll be looking at what to do about that, later this week.

Lunch went as planned, however. I had two slices of my Rustic bread along with a 1 oz. block of cheese and a cup of bullion/broth, and that was good.

Supper - ah, yes. Supper. That was completely off the menu. Last night, our church's Men's group had their quarterly meeting and a meal was included. So last night, I had two pork tenderloin medallions, a serving of mashed potatoes, green beans, two small dinner rolls, and a piece of cake. Did I not go off my Challenge? Yes, technically, but many churches in our area provide meals for the poor and needy. Our church has Rose's Supper each month, and the Salvation Army provides free meals on Saturdays, so having a free meal doesn't mean I am doing something that is not available to others.

But, with the two hiccups, I may extend the Challenge an extra day, so that I get my seven days accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment