Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Planning a Menu? Is This Doable?

Okay, time to see if this is doable. We have two large grocery stores near us, Fool Lion and Farm Fresh, plus a WalMart. As well, there is a Flowers Bakery outlet store here, a great place for reduced prices on breads.

Both Farm Fresh and Fool Lion put their weekly ads up on their websites, so Irene and I were able to go through their ads and start looking for deals on things I would need for chili and other things.

Let's see.... Farm Fresh has pasta sauce for 88¢. And Yoplait yogurt @ 67¢. Hey, they've got tuna at 88¢ a can! There are several other things to look at, so I make note of them. One thing that Farm Fresh does that I look for is put out their day-old baked products at half price, and since I love their different artisanal breads, I make a note to check that.

Onto Food Lion.... Oh, hey, they've got a BOGO thing going this week. And they've got chicken thighs for 99¢ a pound. That'll be good for some things. Oh, potatoes, 5 pounds for $2. Yeah, I'll need that staple. Oh, Chi-Chi's tortilla @ $1.99, that's good. Cheese, $4.23; .....

After getting some ideas, Irene tells me that Farm Fresh has a Dollar Aisle, and shows me a box of off-brand cereal, akin to Honeycombs, for only $1.00, so I make a note to check out that aisle. And some things I know I will need, like milk and eggs, I put that down on my shopping list of possibilities.

Okay, now we're ready to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment