Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day Three In the Books

This is going to be pretty short, as there was no block busters of information.

Breakfast was a cup (not a bowl) of Raisin Bran, a scrambled egg and a fried potato. Have I mentioned that I love potatoes? 

In case I haven't, let me say this now: I love potatoes!! So having a five-pound bag for me, for the week, is a must. And the fact that it was only $2.00 means that one of the basics of life is very affordable. This got me to wondering, and so I asked Irene how many were in my bag. It turns out that after my breakfast, there were 12 potatoes left. That seems pretty good.**

Lunch was two burritos: two flour tortillas, with chili and an ounce of grated cheese. Delicious.

So this afternoon, I was a little hungrey, and so had some graham crackers. As I said, I planned for something a little sweet during the week, and they were just right.

This morning, Irene put two chicken thighs out to thaw for my dinner, and when it came time to prepare supper, she broiled the thighs, nuked a potato and prepared the succotash. As I mentioned in the post about shopping at Food Lion, the thighs are quite large, and so I was satisfied with one thigh, a potato and a serving vegetables. I topped off the meal with a couple more graham crackers.

The leftover thigh and succotash went into the fridge for another day, and I'm done for another day.

** I forgot to mention that at the same time I asked Irene about the potatoes, I asked her how many eggs I have left for the week. She tells me that after the two on Monday, and one each on Tuesday and today, I have eight eggs left.


No comments:

Post a Comment