Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day Six - Rounding the Turn, Heading Into the Straightaway

Today's breakfast and lunch consisted of repeat dishes that I have had this week; however, there was something new to the menu tonight, for supper.

Breakfast was two breakfast burritos: eggs, chili and cheese.

Lunch was another hard-boiled egg sandwich on a Kaiser roll. Irene brought me a couple of graham crackers with a glass of milk for a little "cookies and milk" dessert.

Irene asked me in the morning what I wanted for supper, and while I had pretty much planned Saturday's breakfast and lunch, and Sunday's menu, I hadn't really given thought to Saturday evening's meal. She asked if I would like a potato soup with cheese and that sounded good. 

This afternoon, I thought about what would make a good go-along, and the common phrase, "Soup and Sandwich" came to mind. Earlier in the week, Irene told me that Extra Sharp Cheddar was terrible for planing, even for slicing. Since I knew that to be true, while she took a nap, I worked at planing/slicing a couple 1-oz. blocks, for a toasted sandwich.

So tonight's supper was Potato and Cheese soup and a grilled cheese sandwich on crusty Rustic bread. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment