Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day Two - Plunging Ahead

Okay. All the food is here, and I pretty much know what I want, if not what I'm doing. I start off the day with a breakfast of Raisin Bran, one egg, and one piece of Rustic bread, toasted. I like Raisin Bran, so my breakfasts won't seem to be a sacrifice.

Onto lunch, and the first of my Kaiser rolls, with a chunk of cheese and a cup of bouillon. I'm surprised at these Kaisers, as they are lighter than the ones I usually get at Farm Fresh. Still, Irene halved it and lightly toasted it in a skillet, and it was good.

And onto tonight's supper, which went just as I planned. Irene soaked the bag of beans overnight, and then cooked them during the day. This afternoon, the pound of hamburger was browned and added to the beans along with diced onion and the can of tomato sauce. I seasoned it, and had two bowls for supper tonight, along with two slices of Rustic bread. Delicious and filling.

Day two is over.

Tomorrow? A burrito and cheese for lunch, with chicken, potato and succotash for supper? Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment